Sunday, September 2, 2012

4 day countdown...

In just 4 short days (or really long if you approach life at the speed I do) I will know my fate for the next two years. With just a few days left in my training village prior to site announcements, my mind almost draws a blank when I think forward to where I might end up. It is almost similar to before I left the states and I had no idea what to expect, but at this point I have some schema and knowledge to draw from when I construct my future life in Cambodia. All I really know is everything will be undoubtedly different from living in a small village with 28 other volunteers. Today on my day off, I had my language proficiency test where I answered questions in Khmer for about 12 minutes about a variety of topics such as comparing the weather in the US vs. Kampuchea, my favorite Khmer foods, and my free time activities. For the remainder of the day, I was faced with the reality of a relaxed, easy going existence where I must remind myself that the spaces and lulls are what it is all about. I just really need to learn to slow down. Until then, I'll be counting down the days :)...

No comments:

Post a Comment