Sunday, May 26, 2013

kind of like angelina...

A fellow PCV and friend recently said that our PC experience would make us very good celebrities. She means that the attention we get on a regular basis, whenever we leave our houses or travel throughout the country, gives us an idea of what it means for people to be interested in your presence constantly. As I have begun working with more organizations and teaching more students, it is much more common to run into at least one person I know when I ride around town or go get something to eat. The annual Trade Fair just came to my town which brings goods from Vietnam, a beer sponsored concert with Khmer popstars and a reason for families to gather from all over the province for 5 days. I went the opening night with some friends and could not walk a foot or peruse the shops without interacting with a student or a seller of some sort that I know from town; it was a pretty exhausting experience. It was probably the most popular I'll ever feel in my life.


Pictures from the trade fair and a recent snake encounter: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sam_wise/sets/72157632187727135/

No comments:

Post a Comment